25.4.10

Eisteddfod y Dysgwyr 2010


'Parti Cilgwri' yn mynd trwy eu pethau (Parti Cilgwri doing their stuff)

It was good to see so many from Cilgwri at the 'Eisteddfod y Dysgwyr' on Friday, I'll find out the reactions of those I didn't get a chance to talk to next week!  I would have to say it wasn't the ideal venue, partly because of the location of the bar and lack of seats towards the stage area.  This made it difficult for the performers and audience alike, and was made worse by the lack of effective PA.   Sion Aled made a good job of presenting the evening, keeping things going at a decent pace, and meaning most people stayed till the end.

Mike, Anne, Nigel (from 'Blwyddyn 2') and myself stepped up to the stage 'early doors' to perform 'Cofiwch am Dysgwyr Cilgwri' in the 'Cyd-adrodd' (group recitation) competition, being rewarded with 'equal' third for our efforts (where there 4 or 5 in the competition... can't remember!!).

After that I fumbled my way through the chords of 'Suo Gán' as accompaniment to Jill (my wife), who had bravely 'agreed' to perform the song - one she'd never heard of just a couple of days earlier. Despite a 'false start' and the odd wrong chord we got to the end and Jill came in third place.

Gwynne from 'blwyddyn 1' was rewarded with a second prize for her efforts in one of the 'gwaith cartref' competitions, so all in all Cilgwri was well represented!

Normally the 'sketch' competition' is a highlight of the Eisteddfod, but this year with only one entry it was a bit dissapointing, and we didn't get a repeat of last year where one of the participants ended up more or less dancing round our table, for reasons I can't remember!

Hopefully some more of 'Blwyddyn 1' may have been inspired to take part next year when it returns to Flintshire, We'll find out next week!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to all the team who took the courage to take part. Well done for getting third place. I am sorry I cannot be with you all at the moment, but hope I will have the chance to meet again before the end of term.
    Best regards,
    Ian Howley

    ReplyDelete