30.4.10

Wrecsam..

I was over in Wrexham/Wrecsam on Thursday and thought I'd pop into 'Siop y Siswrn' to look for a present for my dads birthday as well as a Welsh language card.  My first proplem was finding the 'Masnach y Bobl/Peoples Market' which I remembered was the location of the Wrecsam branch of the chain of two...! 

It's many years since I was in the centre of the town and it's changed a lot, but I eventually came accross the Market on 'Stryd Caer'.   After a few minutes wandering round the indoor market I came across Siop y Siswrn in the far corner, and was presently suprised to find what looks like a 'proper shop' among the market stalls, with a fair selection of Welsh books, cards and inevitable Welsh souveniers.  After finding a suitable present and cards I picked up a copy of the 'Cwrs Sylfaen (foundation)' book, which follows on from Mynediad.  The first few units are really revision and extension of 'Cwrs Mynediad', so I'm looking forward to starting using this book as it seems a good transition, and hopefully will convince you of how much you already know!!  Buying the book sparked a conversation with the assistant who was interested to hear about the classes in Cilgwri.

Anyway if your in Wrecsam it's worth popping into this hidden corner of Cymreictod (Welshness) for a browse and chat (remember they're closed on Wednesdays, the Yr Wyddgrug/Mold branch being closed on Thurs).

No comments:

Post a Comment